Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Standing and the dreaded Gag Reflex

Daddy grew watermelons this summer. It's his first time so he's really proud of himself! I'll post some pictures of them later but they did very well. So we cut one open today. I thought, what a good fruit to give Lily a small bite of. I let her suck on it for a minute (pictures to come. I'm just too lazy to connect everything right now.) She seemed to like it so I broke off a SMALL piece and placed it in her mouth. And of course...she gagged. And choked. And gagged. And then threw up her snack of banana+mango all over me and the kitchen floor. So, the gag reflex is alive and well still. No finger foods for awhile...will try again in a few weeks :(

But onto something more exciting! Lily can stand! Now, she CAN'T pull up on her own yet. But she loves to stand, especially when we're trying to get her into a sitting position. She does the *stiff legs* and then stands up. She's wobble and unstable but she's doing it! And so I put her by the ottoman and put her hands on it to see if she'd hold her own and she DID! And she did for at least 3 minutes or so. So I snapped a picture :) (Of course!)


WOO HOO!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...i love those little leg warmers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Oh and B gags a lot too...and is still spitting up, but is absorbing. I know you aren't sure if it's from her condition or not but it's possible that she's just not a pro yet. He LOVES watermelon in the mesh feeder though :) Have you tried her on the mesh feeder?....love that thing...anything I am nervous about trying we throw in the mesh feeder....but bananas are a pain to clean out of it, they turn to slime..gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for standing!!!!! Go Lily!!!

    ReplyDelete