Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's July!?!

My head is jumbled with so many different things right now so I'll just go ahead and apologize for the randomness that is this entry. I should start with the light stuff which includes this adorable picture I snapped the other day:
Gosh, isn't she just the cutest!?! She has been babbling all the time now! She's definitely got the N's down (nanana) and she's been saying some M's!! Den swears he heard her say "Mama" twice already. I haven't heard it yet though, so it doesn't count haha. We've decided, or maybe I decided, that we wouldn't count her official first word until she intentionally says something, like she knows she's making a word and she repeats it over and over. The race is on to see which she says first, Mama or Dada ;)
Solid food has been going really well. I introduced green beans last night and they were a huge hit! Although I'm not sure if she liked them because they were something new or because she actually liked them. We'll find out though. I'm going to spend this weekend making more foods. I plan on baking sweet potatoes (as opposed to steaming them), maybe roasting some pears and perhaps making some more green beans since I only have about 6 cubes left.
I also plan on letting Lillian try some finger foods. I'm going to buy some mum mums at the store and then I plan on letting her mush around some avocado (as long as the tray fits on the high chair better this time!) I hope to let her try mashing around soft foods and seeing if she'll get any in her mouth. We'll see how this works out...it should be interesting...and VERY messy!
This weekend is July 4th and we have no plans. I wasn't too bummed about it really...until I saw everyone statuses saying they were visiting family, going to the beach, going on vacation yadda yadda. When you have a baby, especially one with special needs, it's really hard to think beyond today. So we have nothing planned. And, seriously, I can't believe it's already July. My head is still stuck in May!
I just found out my best childhood friend is pregnant! I am so insanely happy for her :) I also found out 2 of our other friends are pregnant as well, all due around the same time. And yet another one from college. How crazy is that? And I can't help but having this little bit of baby fever. I wouldn't call it jealousy...I know how that feels. I felt like before I was pregnant with Lillian, that everyone was pregnant (when in actuality...it was damn facebook making me feel that way) Dennis and I had talked about making a family. We were just waiting for the right time and what not. And so I knew we were going to be pregnant sometime, but that just wasn't soon enough for me. So of course, I was jealous of every pregnant woman everywhere!
This is different. This is me missing being pregnant. Dennis doesn't understand it. And it's not like a sad thing. It's like looking back at being pregnant and having a soft smile warm up your face. I just miss it! But I am relieved that Den is at least open to talking about having more kids. And I think he agrees with me that we should try sometime next summer/fall perhaps. He brings up Lily being a big sister often so at least there's no fear of never being pregnant again.
Speaking of which, we have the meeting with the geneticist soon. *sigh* I hope they have some kind of information to give us and that this is not a waste of time or money. And God, I really hope that this is not something genetic. Don't let us fall into that 10% and have this be genetic...because that's a whole different ball game.

1 comment:

  1. You already know that I love the pic of Lily :)

    Cooper LOVES green beans, too! I'm nervous about finger foods...I don't know why, though!

    Have a good fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete