Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Going with the flow

I don't even know where to start!?! I have so much to write about and Dennis is finally at work so he's not monopolizing the computer anymore! Let's see....I'll start with the geneticist since I made a big deal out of going.
We went Wednesday and spent quite awhile there. Mainly because they were so impressed with how Lily is doing. It's hard for me to remember how sickly she was because I was in such denial about it the whole time. So, It's important for me to be reminded. The geneticist, Dr. Baudet, kept saying how worried she had been about Lillian because she was so frail and sick. She was so happy that she is thriving now!
All the genetic tests we ran on Lily came back negative, or normal. So still no answers. And it looks like we won't get an answer. Which surprisingly enough, I'm okay with. Now, I might freak out when it comes time for us to try for baby #2 but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. She also said that we could be screened for it when we conceive but that's unnecessary since it wouldn't change anything we would do. I would like to get some better ultrasounds since she also told us that later on, it can be picked up on the ultrasound. So, at least then we would be prepared if this were to happen again. But it's more than likely that this was just a fluke.
We did go over some things that we had already been over in the hospital. But back then we were so overwhelmed with everything that we weren't able to soak it all up. So we learned that Lillian doesn't even HAVE a pituitary gland. They think perhaps she has a tiny little speck of one that may be helping out her sodium level. We're doing a big part with the water but I guess something else is helping out too, or so they hope? And that kind of gives us a little glimmer of hope that maybe her sex hormones will work once the teenage years come around.

So now, onto Early Intervention check up yesterday. It was kind of a waste of time. I guess it was good to see our case worker and have her see Lillian and how good she was doing. She was not concerned with her development at all. The only thing we need to work on is her sitting up. Every now and then she'll "tripod" really well for a long time. But then most of the time she'll just throw her back out and not cooperate. But we're working on it. We're still waiting on the ophthalmologist report to be sent to her so we can get a referral to the Governor Morehead School ( a service that helps children with eye sight problems.) They can come out and do an evaluation on her. So that's the next step at least.

Now onto SLEEP! YES, SLEEP! I am getting it! I don't know if we successfully made it through the dreaded sleep regression or if the thrush was messing up everything. But we cleared the thrush up (on both me and Lily) Lily was on nystatin for a week and I called my OB who told me that I should wash my nipples with a solution of water+vinegar, wash all my bras and nursing tanks in hot water with vinegar, put lotramin AF on my nipples and constantly change my nursing pads. And now it's cleared up *knock on wood!* And breastfeeding had gotten easier again, thankfully!
As for the sleep, I've been trying to go with the flow a lot more. As in, I'm not forcing her to go to sleep at a certain time or make her take a certain amount of naps. I do try to put her down, or at least offer her two naps a day now. And I let her nap a little later during the day and I don't stress about it, I just push bedtime back further. It's definitely working. For example, last night she slept from 8:30pm-8:30am. I did feed her at 10pm (when I give her medicine), 3:30am, and then 5:30am (another medicine time) but that wasn't a problem. I was just so excited to SLEEP IN! Who would've though that 8:30 would be considered sleeping in :P

One thing I've done lately with food is keep the cooking liquids to use later and mix in with foods. I found that on this blog: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/news/?p=1303 So far I've only done it with the apples and peaches. It's great especially when I don't have any breastmilk to mix in the food. There's so many great nutrients in the steamed water so I'm proud of myself for saving it :)
Speaking of being proud. I am trying to be more conscious of being green. I am proud to say that I have started composting! Our soil out back isn't that great so composting will be great! And there's so much that can go into composting! I put almost everything in there and it makes me feel so great! My next big thing to try is a homemade house cleaner. I'm thinking of trying a mixture of water, vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle. I have to go out and get tea tree oil and a spray bottle. Let's see if I use it. But, I especially want to use it around Lily's stuff and toys.

And last, but certainly not least...and deserves a TMI warning:

I got my period. Ugh. The last week or so I've been [extra] tired, moody, craving salty foods and having hip pain. So I knew it was coming. And we have cut back on nursings so I'm not surprised. But it took forever to come! I was having these pains for over a week! And when we got home from the geneticist there it was. :( I was hoping to go all year without getting it back! But the weird thing is, it's SO light. I only have to wear a panty liner so I was actually wondering if I was just spotting but it seems more like a period...just SUPER light. I was expecting it to be super heavy. But I'm thankful it's not!! haha
Another hormonal change lately, MY HAIR. It's falling out in CLUMPS! It's super annoying!! I am constantly pulling handfuls out all the time. Stupid hormonal changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment