Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

GENIUS

My Lily Belle is a genius! Screw SOD. Screw what the doctors said. She is right on track and even excelling at certain things - just like a regular ole baby! It's like she heard what the doctors said and wants to prove them wrong ;)

She said her first word!!! And it was....

...MAMA!!!

Yep! We were debating on whether or not to count it the last couple of times she said it but now she's been saying it a lot more often. She even said "Mom-mee" yesterday in front of everyone! I can't believe it!! I'll have to try and get it on camera next!

Our next big triumph will be a race between sitting alone and crawling. She's been getting up on her knees an awful lot lately so it's a tight race!

And as for baby food, we introduced butternut squash yesterday. Lillian seems to be a big fan of the yellow/orange veggies but she wasn't too interested in the squash. Next we will introduce zucchini. Hopefully she'll take to that because I am tired of all my rags, burp rags, clothes, toys, play mats, etc getting yellow-orange stains all over them!!
Also, Breastfeeding has been going a lot easier lately as well. I now only breastfeed about every 3-4 hours unless she's tired/cranky and needs to go down for a nap. She seems to be taking to nursing a lot easier now that I'm not "forcing" her to eat and I'm also trying not to watch the clock! *whew* I'm glad that worked out. I could not give that up yet!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th Holiday!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Lily's first word!!!! I am still anxiously waiting for B to say more... since he only said it once for my birthday.

    Yay for all of her accomplishments as of late. You're right, she is a genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome - her first word!! We are still waiting for Jack to do anything besides coo and such. Good job, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw that is awesome! My LO isn't talking yet at all barely. :(

    ReplyDelete