Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SITTING

Lily has been getting closer and closer to sitting unassisted for about a week now. We have been using the bumbo like crazy. I usually feed breakfast or at least a snack in the bumbo and let her bend and reach for things while sitting in there in hopes that it would strengthen her trunk muscles.
And miraculously and suddenly she just DID IT. Now, I'm not saying she can GET into the sitting position on her own [yet] but she CAN sit. No tripoding, just plain sitting. And she's even playing, looking around, moving and catching herself if she feels a little topple just like she's been doing this for weeks! She does topple backwards and I have to catch her so she doesn't bang herself up but I am SO Excited and SO proud :) We've been waiting for this day for a long time!

It's hard to get a good picture of her because is constantly moving but you get the idea (minus the tripoding hands of course :P )
This is her playing with her sippy cup - reaching for it while sitting - and not falling!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Go Lily!

    Asher just reached this milestone last week. It was the same way for him -- we practiced and practiced, then one day he just did it! He's been sitting great ever since.

    ReplyDelete