Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Break Time?

I think we could use a break.

Lillian is now on diflucan for the thrush. She'll be on that for 2 weeks, but at least it's only given once a day instead of 3 times like the nystatin. I am still trying to be vigilant about the vinegar solution after breast feeding and trying to sanitize her toys that she sticks in her mouth at the end of everyday or at least every other day. I have been pumping at least one feeding per day since she's having a hard time staying attached and I have little patience most of the time for that. So my poor nipples are taking quite a beating :( But hopefully I won't have to pump once the thrush is gone. And luckily I don't have to pump at night.
She was pretty pitiful yesterday after the yogurt disaster. I didn't feed her much solids. She had applesauce for lunch and then oatmeal with peaches for dinner. I gave her extra water since I felt like she was dehydrated (not many wet diapers and dry lips!) She seems to be doing better today. I've got Baby Einstein on for her right now. It took her a minute to realize she could watch the tv without me moving her somewhere else. She was more interested in playing with the dvd case.
I don't know if it was her not feeling well yesterday or what but she had a major case of separation anxiety anytime I was out of eyesight. She wanted to be held constantly, which I chalked up to her not feeling good. But then, Mom would take her and walk around and she's start getting fussy and then she'd see me and start crying harder until I reached out and took her. It's actually reassuring. We were so worried she was autistic on top of everything else going on. Now, she still could be, but little things like her finally looking at us, smiling, recognizing me and daddy, and starting to put her hands up to us is SO reassuring! So, I'm not going to look at this as an annoying thing and look at it more like a blessing...even if I can't leave her side just to go make her medicine without her crying her head off :P

We're working on sitting up still, obviously. Lily can tripod better and better everyday. And I let her practice sitting in the bath tub since she will do it pretty well there. She is now liking the bumbo, thankfully, which I hope will help. Before she would just throw her back out and throw a tantrum. I was about to give it back to Jill (who was nice enough to let us borrow it for so long!) so I'm glad I held out...let's be truthful, I forgot to bring it last time I stopped over at her house, so I'm glad I forgot to bring it back since she can now use it.

I have some cute photos that I'll add later. Now, it's lunch time since we got up so early (5:30am!)


No comments:

Post a Comment