But then...
Ugh. Then. We went upstairs to read because she was fussy. I knew she couldn't be tired, she had just gotten up from nap #2 that was about 2 hours long! Reading a story didn't work so I put her down on her belly to play and next thing I know she's face down in a small pile of throw up! Of course I cleaned that up and she only threw up a tiny bit so I wasn't concerned. She was fine afterwards and even nursed for a little bit before dinner.
I wasn't sure that she needed to eat dinner since her yogurt "snack" was so late in the day and she had nursed right before dinner time but I figured I would offer her something. I got out carrots, something I knew she would love and it was already defrosted. Mom offered to feed her while I ate so I could then take her up for a bath and get ready for bed. I was making my plate (tacos tonight for the adults) when mom says, "Allie, what is she doing?" And I turn around just in time to see her projectile vomit all over the floor. I'm not sure if I've ever seen her vomit this much before.
Of course Dennis freaks but tries to remain calm. He cleaned up what he could and then ran upstairs and grabbed the nose sucker. Mom and I just stood there waiting for her to finish, trying to clean up as it's happening. I finally was able to get her out of the highchair and just hold her, wet vomit and all *yuck* Mom took her upstairs to bathe her while I ate quickly.
When I came back up she was getting her dressed and Lily was crying which was unusual. We soon found out it was because she needed to throw up again. and again. and again. Until it turned into dry heaving :(
Now, on top of feeling like crap for giving her the yogurt in the first place, I was overly concerned with her blood sugar dropping too much. So we had to check (88, which is good) and then we gave her the hgh shot which I know helped out because it boosts her glucose level a lot. She was SO tired by the time we gave her the shot that I just sat in the glider and rocked her for a good long while. But she woke up every 30 minutes or so and dry heaved and then fell back asleep. God, I felt SO bad!! No more baby yogurt.
I was able to nurse her briefly and give her her 10pm hydrocortisone. She kept most of it down. I am waiting to nurse her again at 1 and then let her rest until 6am. So, now trying for 6 hours tonight....
So throwing up a random prayer that she will be watched over extra carefully tonight. *Please*


Poor baby! I hope she slept well last night!
ReplyDeleteI hope she got a good night's rest after that hectic night. Poor babe.... !!!
ReplyDelete