Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trial & Error

I am a Zombie still. Or again?

Now before I start this I should say that I cannot use the normal methods of sleep training. That just sounds weird anyways. I am happy with the way I put my daughter TO sleep. We nurse to sleep and for now that is working for us. She is hypoglycemic so getting food before sleep is good for her. Plus, it's comforting and it does help her (and me) to calm down at the end of the day [as long as everything goes according to plan!]
I cannot let her cry it out. This is not the "I'm bored" kind of whimpers. This is not playing in her crib kind of fun. I let her play in her crib in the morning when I'm not ready to get up, so I have no problems with that. This is SCREAMING crying. So I have nothing left to do but go in, pat her on the back and when that doesn't work (which is 97% of the time) I have to pick her up and hold her and when that doesn't work (50% of the time) I have to nurse her back to sleep.
I hope and I pray that this is teething and we will see some results soon. But so far all this missed sleep is not pointing to anything but that and I see no swollen gums, no teeth, not really any drooling.

And I have tried everything.

Longer naps during the day. More naps. Less naps. Letting her choose to nap or not to nap.
More nursings. Less nursings. More solids. Less solids.
Mylicon. No mylicon.
Keeping her up later. Putting her to bed later.
Getting out of the house. Being more active and having more things going on. Doing less activity.

You name it, I think I've tried it these past few weeks. I believe the thrush is cleared up as well so I don't think it's that. Her tongue is white but I think that's from milk. No patches in her cheeks anymore at least. And she's not having as hard of a time nursing [if she actually wants to nurse!]

My next step is to try tylenol tonight if this happens again. I am NO good to her or myself being this tired. Thankfully my mom has had the past couple of days off and has helped out BIG time letting me sneak in naps and even going so far as to take the monitor at night to listen out for her. (How am I ever going to repay my mom for all she's done these past few months!?!)
I am also not going to give her any oatmeal or barley with dinner to see if maybe that's too much filler or she's just not digesting it as well? And I'm only going to offer her a fruit and veggie (instead of 2 veggies and fruit.)

On another topic. We went to the endocrinologist yesterday. Another $50 down the drain! Well, not really. She did up her hydrocortisone intake since she is bigger now. She is 26in long (25%) and 14lbs 2.8oz (5%) Dr. Patel was very impressed with her growth so no upping the hgh shots. And she said with the water to keep that going as it is. I was also concerned about salt intake (whether we could offer finger foods from our food, which would contain salt) and she said to treat her like a normal baby and if I'm at all concerned about it to just come in and get the sodium checked.
Thankfully we won't need to see her for 3 more months which is a good sign that things are going the way they should be!

Also, we just tried MANGO today! Lily seemed to like it. I mashed it with avocado so I think that's another hit. But, another frustrating thing she is doing is not eating as much solids. I feel like I'm force feeding her! So I'm not offering her as much as I use to and trying to take my time while feeding her. I think I am going to buy some pre made baby food and see if it's the consistency she isn't liking or what? Because she'll chow down some gerber prunes! We'll see if that helps anything...?

No comments:

Post a Comment