Today we had Lillian's 6 month check up! It went REALLY well!! Here are her amazing stats:Weight: 13lbs 11oz (WOW!) - 10-25%
Height: 25 1/4 inches - 25%
The most amazing part of all of these numbers? She is back on her original growth curve!! It's so crazy and just phenomenal that after all she's been through and how far she fell off the chart that she's now back on track. Obviously the growth hormone and other medications are doing the trick. Modern medicine is literally a life saver!
Our doctor was very impressed with how Lillian looks and her muscle tone. Lily kept flipping over onto her tummy, pushing up and looking at her (show off!) We had a check list of developmental milestones and she looked fine in all the categories. She's still a little lower in the social aspect of things but even that has been improving each and every day. I was just telling Dennis though that I still find it so amazing (my word of the day?) when she looks at me and smiles. It took so long for her to just LOOK at me and know it was ME. She's been doing that a lot more. Actually, Nana went and got her out of her crib after her nap yesterday while I was making her applesauce (will try next week!) and when Nana brought her down, Lily was looking everywhere for me. It was so cool! She's also responding when we call her name which I still find so advanced!
The doctor also gave us the okay to start with some juice. I got 100% apple juice, no sugar added yadda yadda and gave her 3oz of that with her 3oz of water. She loved it! But, she loves water so I shouldn't be surprised. We also bought new sippy cups that she seems to like a little more.
For those interested in poop updated, haha yes! The prunes and the oatmeal have helped a lot. She still grunts some but it doesn't seem to hurt or look weird - ahhh mommyhood haha We are going to try applesauce, that I made and froze yesterday, sometime next week and I also picked up some already made organic pear baby food on sale the other day so we'll try that. If she seems to like it a lot I'll go ahead and make some homemade for her but it was on sale...and organic...so I caved.
So on food update we have tried and loved:
Rice cereal, Oatmeal, Carrots, Peas, Avocados, Bananas, Sweet potatoes and prunes.
Upcoming:
Applesauce, Pears, maybe green beans? Thinking about edamame, though I haven't heard of anyone making baby food with edamame before but it's healthy and super high in fiber.
Another thing we discussed at the doctor, perhaps trying 5 hours at night and then checking her blood sugar. Right now we're going 4 hours. I just HATE waking her up when she's in such a deep sleep. She usually goes right back to sleep but still. If we could stretch to 5 hours safely then I will be so happy and so will she! The good thing is we give the hgh at night, before bed, and it sky rockets her blood sugars, plus she eats right before bed too so it should work. I'm also going to try and go 3-4 hours during the day and kind of letting her let me know when she wants to breastfeed. I hope that will help the struggle we've been having with breastfeeding and then she'll want to eat more in one sitting instead of just a max of 10 minutes.
(Like the picture? She still can't get into the sitting position on her own, or stay for that long but she sat long enough for me to snap this picture with my phone which the doctor said is great!)


Sounds like you had a great appointment...I can practically see/hear your smiles in your words. It's nice to "see/hear" you in good spirits.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a great check-up!!! I'm so glad to hear she's doing well. What a cutie-pie!!! B is still working on sitting up, I think she's got him beat! Heh. Do you just give her 3oz of water per day??
ReplyDeleteAlee, I have to give her at least 3oz water a day because of her high sodium levels. It's another hormonal thing. She can't "hold onto" her water so her sodium rises. The water counter balances that.
ReplyDelete