I made dinner for everyone (lemon spaghetti) and peas, carrots + a bit of oatmeal for Lillian. Then I cleaned the kitchen while daddy put Lillian's new toy together. Yes, we caved and splurged on an exersaucer - finally! We got the bright stars one. I'll take pictures later. Lily's not so sure what to think about it yet and she's not strong enough to move around in it on her own but it's exciting! Then we went upstairs and gave Lily and bath which is always fun now. She's pretty much out grown her baby bath tub. We'll move her into the big bath tub when she can sit up really good on her own. That should be exciting!
So, then I decided to nurse Lillian in my glider, in her nursery for a change of scenery. *We have been having a hard time nursing lately. It's been breaking my heart and testing my patience :( She's just so easy to distract even if I'm in a room with no noise or anyone else. It's frustrating! She'll suckle for a second and then pop off and look around everywhere and I have to force her back on. Then I have to keep a hand on her head to keep her in place at my breast! So annoying.
Anyway, so, we decided to try our old routine and nursed there. It was rocky at first and then she calmed down and we got really good nursing time in. I was sitting there thinking that tonight would be a good night to start her back in her crib. It was so peaceful and quiet in the nursery. So I put her down to sleep there, threw up a little prayer for some extra support (for me) and some extra protection (for her) and it worked!
Man, did it ever work!
She slept SO good she barely moved the whole night!! I had to keep checking on her, of course. I mean, I had the image of going in there and finding her in the midst of a seizure so I was a little more paranoid. She did not wake up crying, not even once. She did stir a little bit with some dream whimpers - which, of course, I had to check up on, but she was fine. I went in every 4 hours and fed her and put her back down. The darn medicine times fell at opposite times of feeding her (10pm and 6am) so I had to go in then too but luckily I was able to gently roll her onto her back and sneak it in. And she slept right through that too!
I could not be happier! Except for the fact that every time we have a great night of sleep, a bad night follows - if not tonight then sometime really soon! It's like an evil joke of life or something. Let's give her some extra sleep and let her get used to that and get into a great routine and then BAM, let's pull the rug out from under her feet and cry all night long!
Oh well, I'll still ride the high of having a very successful night!! :)
Another big thing lately? Poop. Yep, bad poop. I've realized after researching that I need to be feeding Lillian oatmeal or barley at least once during the day for the iron. So our middle of the day snack aka Lily's lunch, will be oatmeal with some fruit. And to help the tummy even more, I'm going to get her on prunes. I won't be making homemade prunes for her since they don't freeze well. I'm going to go get those today and then we can try them today or tomorrow and hopefully it'll help her tummy. I'll keep y'all updated haha


No comments:
Post a Comment