Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6 Months

Lily Belle is 6 months old today. Wow. 1/2 a year old. I can't even remember my life before her. And I cannot imagine my life without her. It has been a very hard and trying 6 months. I don't think it was supposed to be easy though, even without all the medical mayhem, motherhood is supposed to be hard work. But that makes it so much more rewarding, right?

So here are your 6 month stats, my Lillian:

- 12 pounds at last weight check
- 24 inches long
- 3-6 month clothes, about to grow out of your 3 month onesies, wearing 6 month sleepers
- In size 1 diapers but those are getting so small, just broke out the size 2's for when we've used up the good size 1's :)
- Solid foods tried so far: Rice cereal, Carrots, Peas, Avocado (Tomorrow will be sweet potatoes!)
- Eating about every 3.5 hours at night, and every 2-3 hours during the day
- Favorite pastime: Laying on her stomach with her head held high, eating solids, scooting and rolling around on the floor
- Favorite toys: Giraffe, rings, ringing ball, vibrating hippo, musical pink bear
- Attempting To: sit for longer than 2 seconds, get up on knees, drink out of a sippy cup sitting up without help, say first word

Sometimes when I look at her and think about the past 6 months, the next 6 months, all the birthdays and half birthdays to come I just get so overwhelmed with peace and love. It's almost choking how much love I have for this one little girl. It's amazing :)
Happy 1/2 birthday baby girl!




2 comments:

  1. Awww, it sounds like she's doing awesome! Way to pack on some weight, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half birthday!!! Isn't it amazing all the love you can have for one human being??? It is indescribable and so wonderful and cleansing!

    ReplyDelete