We start peas last night. Lillian did not seem to be a big fan. She didn't cry or make faces but she pushed most of it out of her mouth. She was pretty tired though so I tried it again today for a snack/lunch and she ate a whole cube (ice cube tray size) but still wasn't very happy about it. I think for dinner I'll mix peas and carrots together and see if she'll take it better.
We went to the ophthalmologist today for Lillian's follow up appointment. I didn't really know what they could tell us today that they didn't tell us already in the hospital. It was about the same information but at least it was all good news! He said her optic nerves are very small, which we already knew, and that will limit her vision. But, both her pupils dilated and she tracked with both. I was a little concerned with her left eye but he didn't see anything I guess. And really, we can't tell how good or bad or vision is. But luckily we don't need glasses or any medication for her eye balls right now. Glasses won't help her see better with her small optic nerves. So I wasn't expecting him to even bring that up. Next time we see him will be in one year (yay!) unless something new comes up. We need to watch for her eyes shifting which she seems to do when she tries to focus on something close up. The doctor said that does indicate limited vision.
The past two days I have gotten Lillian down for a nap around 4pm by doing what I always do, nursing. Which really doesn't bother me because she needs to eat every 3-4 hours so it's nice to fill her up before she sleeps and it helps her fall asleep. But the past two days she has woken up about 10-15 minutes after I put her down in her crib. That is really, really frustrating! So I'm going to start letting her lay in her crib or pack n play, depending on where she is, for one hour asleep or awake. She needs to learn to her herself back to sleep in my opinion. So today is the start of it. I did go get her out of her crib and put her in the pack n play so she didn't stick her feet out the crib slats so I doubt today will be a success. I plan to go check on her every 15 minutes but try not to let her see me. We'll see how this goes. Anyone have any suggestions? Or go through this too?
I will end this random post with two things great: Today I got a lot done. But the best part of the day was when I was making guacamole and Dennis told me to come get Lillian because she was crying (men, ugh...granted he was on hold on the phone, but still...I asked him to watch her while I made guacamole!) Anyway, so I got her and went to pick some cilantro and then "Somewhere over the rainbow" came on my ipod so I danced around the kitchen with her and sang to her and it was just so sweet. She hugged on me and she was just in a diaper and it was just...ahhhh a perfect moment in life :)
Second thing, a bit later "Don't forget to remember me" by Carrie Underwood came on and I almost cried!! Oh gosh, It was after the kitchen dancing and I just happened to look over at Lillian smiling and playing in the next room. I noticed how big she is and I just couldn't help thinking, I don't want you to grow up and forget me! Or forget how much I love you or how much I do for you everyday. I shouldn't say I don't want her to grow up since that was a problem in the recent past but you know what I mean... :P


Do you have a video baby monitor by any chance? I love ours because it lets me check on Asher without having to go in his room. He wakes up during his naps and sometimes cries a little, but if I let him go he almost always falls back asleep! I definitely let him in there for 1 hour minimum, whether he's awake or asleep -- I think he knows it now and just sleeps for the most part!
ReplyDeleteEmily, Unfortunately we don't have a video one! Definitely with baby #2 I will get one!! I am going to try the 1 hour rule and see how it goes. I think I'm just going to do it for nap times right now since she sleeps in our room at night(I'm still nursing about every 3-3.5hrs so it's more convenient) and we can't let her play/cry it out.
ReplyDelete