This is going to be another list of things I've been thinking of because I don't feel eloquent enough to make everything flow and really, does my brain ever flow right anyways?
- Lily is pretty much over her sickies. She still has the snot nose (tmi. sorry!) but it's getting better everyday. When she was sick I would put her down for a nap between 12:45-1pm and she would be asleep within 10 minutes which was so sad to me because usually it takes her anywhere from 30mins-1hr. Today it took her a grand hour to fall asleep for her nap at 1pm so I know she's feeling better!
- She's also eating like a regular toddler (I think?) We are still doing smoothies in the morning. I've got to find some other flavor of soy yogurt than just peach and strawberry. If you see any, let me know! We've also successfully dropped Lily's formula intake to EIGHT OUNCES. Yes. You read that right. One sippy cup of formula before bed!! The rest of the time she is drinking soy milk or water/juice and it seems to be working out well...though we haven't had a weight check since her 18mo check up. She seems like a healthy chunk to me!
Lily is eating lunch around 11:30a and pretty much eats anything. It still takes her over an hour to eat but I've learned to make her lunch, sit her down, make my lunch, eat my lunch, clean up the kitchen and then sit down with her and she's still working on hers! But it's worth it since she actually eats. We also found out that she LOVES (and is not allergic to) blueberries! She pops those things into her mouth like candy :-)
A normal lunch for her is a mix of 1 slice of american cheese (again, if anyone sees cheese slices with LOW SODIUM, let me know. 1 slice of american cheese has like 10% DV of sodium...) She seems to be doing fine with it but I hate to get things off balance. Anyway, then she usually has deli meat, some kind of fruit like pears/peaches/blueberries/watermelon, avocado if I have it, goldfish, and we just found out she also likes honey goldfish (like honey grahams but in a goldfish shape!) It's fun and I love watching her eat even if I do have to say "chew chew swallow" at least 10 times each meal!
- I have become a domestic Goddess. I am fluent in laundry speak. I am no longer afraid to bleach the clothes. I MOP THE FLOORS. I even clean the showers and tubs. I clean the kitchen after every meal and before bed every night. I have dinner made every night. I vacuum twice a week. I am constantly picking up toys. I dust once a week. ONCE. A WEEK.
Life sucks with only one car but at least my house is relatively clean.
Really though, I do clean this much and my house still looks like a tornado hits. I have to list the things I did to Dennis when he gets home "I did mop the kitchen but then Lily threw up over there." "I washed, dried, folded and put ALL the laundry away...except for the sheets Lily peed all over during nap time." "Well, the toys were all put away but we had a grand time dumping them all back out."
Oh well.
- Lily got a new booster seat! We bought two, one for our house and one for Nana's (finally!) I was SO sick of having our huge fischer-price high chair in the way of our kitchen. Lily tripped over the legs/wheels of that thing so many times that I want to just throw it away. But now we have a cute little booster that she seems to love and it converts 5 different ways so it was a good buy (at only $22!)
I let her color at dinner time since she doesn't eat and her idea of "coloring" is taking markers out of the box and putting them back in (and getting mega angry when they don't go in easily...We're working on "try a different way." "try try again!")
- I feel so incredibly sorry for Lily's Lovie, Pink Bear. Oh, you don't think stuffed animals have feelings? Well, I just feel sorry for you then. Anywho, Lily LOVES her pink bear. She has now started calling her pink bear. She cuddles her at night. She brings her downstairs every morning and snuggles with her throughout the day when PB catches LB's eye. But that poor bear has been through the washer and dryer so many times the past few months from snotty colds to poopy blowup diapers to acid reflux gags that turn into sad throw up. And the saddest part is, pink gets the worst of it because when LB doesn't feel great, she grabs (if she doesn't already have her) pink bear and holds on to her. It's cute but sad. And I just hope PB can hold up as the years go by.
- This should make me happy. My daughter sitting there in the morning watching Mickey Mouse. But, I can't ignore the fact that lately she has been creeping closer and closer to the TV.
I have no doubt that she has great vision. I know she has greater than 20/200 and every time we're out or at the store (in a place she's not familiar with) and she shouts out a number or letter that's far away my heart just flutters and I feel so blessed but then little things like this creep up. And the other day I was watching old videos of Lily and realized how straight her eyes were! I remember thinking no one would know anything was wrong because she didn't look different but now, without her glasses her eye is always wonky. Even with the glasses her eye has nystagmus and crosses sometimes. I just....ugh. I just can't help but worry that things are going to get worse or that her eye sight is going to diminish as the years go on. SOD is NOT a degenerative disease so it shouldn't but you never know...the doctor did say her optic nerves were "white" instead of a healthy pink which is scary enough. I want another opinion!
-
- I did have something serious to post about. And I've been tossing it around in my head for months now but I just can't seem to bring myself to write it down or maybe I just can't find the energy - physically and emotionally - to write it down. I will soon. someday. When I have the pull to write it down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





So glad Lily is feeling better! That's great news about her eating lunch!! Asher has a love/hate relationship with blueberries. He always wants them when he sees the bowl, but then spits them out. Oh well. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou go Domestic Goddess!! Sometimes cleaning up, then having a mess at the end of the day anyway is all you can ask for. ha!