Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sickie-ism

Taking a shower after being sick for over 3 days is glorious. Turning the heat all the way up, burning off all those germs, washing greasy hair and scrubbing off and the invaders. I could almost see the pathetic little germ buggers circling the drain.
But my head is still pounding and my sinuses burn. And poor baby girl has the stuffiest/runniest nose ever!
Yes. We're sick at the same time and it is miserable.
LB has been great and has been putting up with me laying on the couch insisting we watch HGTV and Food Network mixed in with cartoon movies and Mickey Mouse. But every now and then she comes in telling me I need to get up off my butt and play in the castle, or make her lunch or clean up the dang mess that was our house. I actually did get to cleaning today and was exhausted by the time I was done but I felt so much better!
Okay. I'm going to list the things I was thinking of since my brain does not function well right now.

- Lily has Daddy wrapped around her little finger and it's adorable. I always love seeing him be Daddy :) Just today I was telling him that she got into another cup of water, more than she usually does, and how I was all *shrugs* about it since she's sick and he looked at me and said, "Of course, give her whatever she wants, she's sick!" hahaha oh Daddies.

- I have decided with this cold to double stress dose Lily's hydrocortisone. We were told only to stress dose (stress dose = 3 times her regular dose) for surgeries and fevers but the more I've been talking to other moms and people with SOD/PHP is to stress dose during any stressful times including any illness and even when it's hot out! So I've been erring on the side of caution and giving her at least a double dose of her usual one. It takes her SO long to get over the littlest of colds so I'm hoping this will help heal her body faster.

I forgot the other stuff I was going to write about and to be honest...I'm tired already.

No comments:

Post a Comment