Just a quick medical update (and it's a good one, finally!)
First off, we started the prilosec again. Did I tell you that? Well, we did. I was so fed up with the gagging and vomiting. Really, it was every.single.day. And the prilosec has worked wonders.
We weren't so sure that it was doing much last time we had her on it. Basically we had started her on that and the ddavp at the same time so we weren't sure which one was doing the hard work. A bit of both, I think. Dr. S says that babies don't have to be on this forever, which is nice to hear, but that she'll probably need to be on it for a few years to get rid of this reflux. At least in a few years she can tell me when she needs to throw up ? haha I can dream.
And on to food. I have stopped purees.
YES! I have! I haven't given baby food in a full week now. I was talking to my good friend, Jill. Her son has some eating problems (mostly that he won't eat meals but snacks and for some odd reason, he likes to eat what other people feed him - basically he's a picky eater and Miss Jill takes it all in stride!) Lily was eating some avocado and some deli chicken after I had already fed her almost two full jars of baby food. I think I was saying how fed up I was about purees and it just clicked. Why don't I stop? She eats lunch like a champ now that I could stop the purees or at least do finger foods first and then offer purees if needed. (I've learned though that if she doesn't eat finger foods, she just not in the mood to eat and probably won't eat purees either.)
Anyway, She's been doing awesome and I am so proud of her!
Still no breakfast. And dinner is usually a bite or two of cheese (this girl LOVES cheese!?) and she usually holds it in her mouth for a long time but hey, it's something!
Annnnnnd on to the last of the holy three; Sleep! We've actually been getting it! We've been putting her down around 7:30. She's been drinking her milk and then pointing at her crib for me to lay her down. so cute! Then she plays for a bit more to get comfortable and wind down, I believe. And then she sleeps until 3am, milk/diaper/meds and then she's back down again. Lately she's been getting up crying around 3:45am and I just go rock her or give her some more water (yes, she's been needing her 9oz of milk + 7oz of water some nights!) but then she's back down for the night, until....7:30! It's absolutely amazing and I feel so spoiled now! It just makes me nervous for the next time we have to be up all night again (next rise in sodium, teething?)
I know, I know, live in the moment!
So now we're at a nice, steady, flat plateau. I hate waiting for the next bad thing to happen....or for something to go wrong...but it's what has always happened in the past. So I'm trying my hardest to take it one day at a time, live in the moment. Enjoy my sleep and the eating now! It's time like this where I think we could bring another baby into this chaotic world we live in...but ask me again when we're up every 2 hours with a high sodium...then I'll be pretty doubtful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so glad that things are falling into place! I hope you're able to enjoy this plateau for awhile!
ReplyDelete