I'm running out of ideas to keep Lily and I sane throughout the day while we are home. How many times can we watch Toy Story 2? Or do laundry? Or play out in the baby pool?
So today I was on a mission to do something fun. I got out [washable] markers and crayons and let Lily draw. That lasted a total of 15 minutes max. So I got a bit more creative and decided to look up a recipe for finger painting. I found a couple but decided to go with the easiest with the least ingredients. I followed
This one but only made half (1 cup water, 1/2 corn starch) as much as the recipe called for. It still made a lot!
I decided to take our project upstairs in the bathtub so we wouldn't have to worry about making a mess. We just had to pull off Lily's diaper and start the shower up! It worked out great.
Finger painting is a GREAT sensory project for LB. At first she was very cautious of the gooey paint and even cried for a second but then I think she started realizing it's fun! Especially when she could put make a mess and not get in trouble ;-) So here's some great pictures from our project today:
 |
| Very comfortable with the paint now! |
 |
| Lily did this one all on her own - and it's the best! |
 |
| A messy, but happy baby! |
 |
| I would do anything for that smile! (and notice the blue on her mouth!?!) |
 |
| The finished products! |
We LOVE finger painting at our house! I never thought to do it in the bathtub, great idea!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this idea!! Thanks so much for posting - we'll be trying it soon and will post our results! :-)
ReplyDelete