Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My life with a toddler

I was a woman that was eager for a baby. I often had dreams of cradling a little bundle in my arms, breathing in that sweet baby smell. I even dreamed of spending my days picking up letters off the floor and putting books back in toy bins.

Lo and behold that is my life now and it's pretty dang great despite the obstacles and set backs that seem to punch me in the gut sometimes.

And then there's times when I stop and think, I never, in a million years, thought those words would come out of my mouth. I probably think this at least once a day. Here's some examples from the past few days:

1. "Cheese is not for smashing into the table. Or on your glasses. Or on the dog..."
2. "Mommy would love it if you did a huge poop before nap time"
3. "That's why Mommy says not to play with medicine bottles!"
4. "Please take Mommy's underwear off your head" (for the record, they were clean!)
5. "It's okay to cough but we don't need to throw up every time we have a tickle in our throat, okay?"

*sigh* this is just a glimpse of what my life is like with a toddler. And she's actually a well behaved toddler! But lord, My life has just been overwhelmed and completely taken over by her and honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way! That's what being a Mommy is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment