Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Smoothies

I don't know why I didn't think to try this before. It had crossed my mind a few times but I was afraid to encourage only drinking for meals but since Lily Belle is doing that anyways, why not get as much calories and fruit as I can into her!

As I previously stated, she did quite well with just the soy yogurt and soy milk concoction. The soy yogurt is 100 calories and the soy milk is 80cal/8oz. Yes, soy milk unfortunately doesn't have as many calories as whole milk.
So I thought, why don't I add some fruit into the mix? But then I was worried about it getting too thick for her to drink or worse, for her to gag on! So I came up with....baby food! Baby fruit is so pureed already so there's nothing I have to do and it's 100% fruit! Unfortunately, Lily wasn't too fond of fruit towards the end of her baby food era so I'll have to go buy some more. But today I glanced in the baby cupboard (where we keep all things baby!) and found a jar of MANGO! PERFECT! I made Lily Belle a peach yogurt, mango puree, soy milk smoothie and when I asked her if she liked it, she said "yesh, mmmm" AWESOME! The mango puree is another 100 calories (wooo!) although I couldn't add the whole jar so it's more like 70-80cals. It was also a lot more thick but she was able to drink it down and she definitely looks more full than just on formula. The fact that she answered me when I asked her if she liked it was a big hit :-)

I guess I need to go to the store and stock up on fruit puree. I will happily venture back into the baby food isle for this experiment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment