Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In Control

Today was one of those very rare days where I actually felt in control of my own life. The day wasn't centered around doctor's appointments, rubbing my blurry-sleep deprived eyes, soaked diapers or worrying about the heat and medication.
I spent the whole day cleaning and getting things back in order after our mini vacation and I actually enjoyed doing it! The odd part is, Lily was up almost every 30 minutes last night from 11:30-1 wanting water and comfort. She ended drinking about 15oz of water and milk in a 30 minute window. I finally gave her some tylenol because she was just restless. I have a bad feeling that she may be teething again...ugh. She's been chewing on her fingers and I caught her teething on her new crib today. I have the ibuprofen ready to go for tonight if we should need it.
And just for a little pat on my back, I stayed so patient last night with her when she was up so often. I kept reminding myself that I hadn't really fallen asleep yet, and that I could make up the sleep at nap time (And I did!) I also got a ton done today. Three loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. The entire upstairs vacuumed, dusted, tidied up and the bathrooms sparkling clean. The floors downstairs were vacuumed, kitchen clean AND I made chicken parmesan for dinner. It was insanely delicious and Den and I both had "clean plate awards."

These days are so very rare that I tried to soak up how it felt. Yes, I had Miss LB as my shadow all day but it was actually cute. She would follow me, "dusting" with the duster and then with the swiffer after I mopped. And yes, sometimes I had her yanking on me, yelling "WA WA!" but that's just part of our live's now. Overall, it was a good day and I hope I can have more and more of these in the near future :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment