I debated about writing about this on facebook and decided against it. Something about it being gross and probably even unnecessary even to blog about made me pause. But almost everyone that reads my blog is a mommy or daddy. Y'all can sympathize with me about this :-)
So, as I've been saying Lily has been waking up in the morning gagging, dry heaving and sometimes vomiting. We're waiting to see if this is part of her cold/bacterial infection or if this is an acid reflux thing. This morning was no different. Waking up at 6:45am to Lily dry heaving. I got up and went to the bathroom, got dressed and by then it had stopped (I've stopped running straight in the room because I think sometimes she expects that and may make herself gag to get me up...listen, babies are smart!) Anyway, I laid back down for a couple more minutes since she was happily playing now.
When I walked into her room I was assaulted by the smell of spit up milk. If you don't know, well, thank goodness you don't know. And this is formula spit up we're talking about which is worse! Anyway, to make a longer gross story short, I cleaned the bed up and made sure it wasn't on the floor. But I kept smelling it! We had a doctors appointment and came back and I didn't smell it anymore except on her crib. But I changed everything? Finally it was time for a nap and I got Lily ready for it, got her laid down and handed her pink bear and it was then that I saw it. Poor pink bear with thrown up milk all her down her poor pink back. I couldn't take her and wash her before nap time so I let Lily sleep with it (gross!!!!) She is in a warm bubble bath in the washer right now and will soon be fluffed up to her former glory in the dryer. I hope she is dry before bedtime though!! Not that I think Lily would throw a fit or anything but the first thing she does when she lays down for sleep is to reach out for pink bear and finger her ribbons. So I would rather have her there for LB just in case!
Ah, feel better sharing that nastiness with others ;-)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awwww poor pink bear!!!!!
ReplyDelete