Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DI

Diabetes Insipidus is going to drive me insane.

In one word I can explain exactly how DI makes me feel:

Defeated.

Isn't that just sad? Even just saying it out loud or writing it down makes it seem even worse. But that's how I feel. Every time I feel like I have a grasp on Lily's DDAVP I get a slap in the face like last night. She was up about every 3 hours crying for water. To the point of saying "wawa" and pointing to the cooler we keep in her room. And the sheets were soaked. And this morning when she woke us up with gagging, it was because her mouth was so dry that she started gagging and throwing up.

We had scheduled to go get her sodium checked this morning just to make sure the DDAVP wasn't dropping it too much now that we've upped it. I'm not worried about that.
I'm worried that the damn numbers are not going to reflect this hell that we're going through. 
So I'm waiting patiently for the phone call. Usually Dr. S likes to get back to me the same day but we've been doing this almost every other week now and I know how busy she gets...but I hope she can get back to me today so we can work something out. I'll update when I know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment