But I am terrified, beyond panic attack terrified, of things out of my control. Car accidents and kidnapping are the tops of my list. Of course, something that all moms worry and panic over. I have nightmares of someone trying to take my kid and all I can scream out is "she'll die if you take her from me!" Awful, right? And then the car accident, lord, every time we get in the car or we're driving in the rain I worry about getting in an accident and being unable to tell the medics about Lily's condition.
As normal as she is in every day life she does have a life threatening condition. And so I, as a certified paranoid "cover all my bases" mommy went looking for something to take away a tiny piece of that panic. Yes, we have a medical bracelet but sometimes I worry that it looks too ornamental and a medic would overlook it if he didn't see the name tag part but just the beads. So, I found the Cares Foundation. http://www.caresfoundation.org/productcart/pc/index.html They are a foundation for people with CAH - Congential Adrenal Hypoplaysia, or one of the many things Lily's hormones does not make (cortisol) and one of the scariest ones, in my opinion. This is the one that needs to be stress dosed and will save her life if she is hurt or sick. It's super important a medical professional or police officer know that she has this condition....
So I bought these:
![]() |
| Window Cling for the car It fits right in the corner of our car without being too obnoxious |
![]() |
| Shoe tag in case she leaves her medical bracelet at home Might just stay on the diaper bag for right now. |




No comments:
Post a Comment