Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another Hurdle

Blueberries are out. And it looks like strawberries are next.
When we cut out blueberries, Lily had normal diapers for about 2 days, if even that. Then it started up again. I'm trying to keep her dry but with a baby with DI that's really hard, so she has this awful yeast rash all over her bottom from the diarrhea and constant contact with pee. *sigh*
I thought we'd cut out her last tie to diary - cheese - but she loves it so much and she's been eating it for so long now with no problems. The only other culprit could be the strawberry yogurt we've been giving every other day inside her smoothie and the strawberry cereal bars she sometimes eats.

So they are out.

And if it doesn't get better in a week then I'll look into getting soy cheese (which I found at Lowes foods down the road from us.) I still hope that one day she will be able to drink regular milk and eat ice cream so I really don't want to cut out cheese if I don't have to.

We'll see.

And as for the DI. It's out of control. AGAIN. It's 8:30am and Lily has already had 7oz of juice (with her medicine) and a full 9oz smoothie that she sucked down in 10 seconds.
It's not really bad until the end of the day when she's peeing so often and so much that I can barely keep up with the diaper changing (imagine potty training that!!) We upped her nighttime dose a very small amount and it helped a lot. She's only up once crying for a drink which is between my 1-3a time to give medicine so I just give her milk. And then she sleeps the rest of the night which is awesome!

But the day time, which I thought I could handle because she can now tell me what she needs, is becoming a pain in the butt. Every two seconds is "wa wa" and anytime I get water or something to drink it's "wa wa." And then there's times that she barely whispers "wa wa" and it's heartbreaking because I know that she really needs it then and it's just sad. It's sad when she had water not 30 minutes before, a full glass of cold water, and she's begging for more. *sigh*
And it makes me mad because the numbers showed she was doing great. So now, if things continue down this road, I have to take her back in for another 2 blood tests. I guess I can put a call into Dr. P to just up her day time because it's not lasting but with her last numbers I'm sure she's going to what proof of what I'm witnessing, which is frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment