I am a failure!
I didn't even try to take her baba away. She may be ready but I don't think I am. How sad is that?
I felt so ready and then when it came to the night of I had so many excuses. Friday night I had my girlfriends over and Dennis went out so I didn't want to start then because I wanted Dennis to back me up and I didn't want to subject my friends to a possible meltdown (especially after they helped bathe her and put her to bed with me!) Plus, Sarah says "What's one more night?" And I think, right, well what's one more weekend!?
Ugh. I'm so embarrassed.
So I have made a new goal. I'm looking for a good pediatric dentist and when I get her scheduled to go in, I will have broken her of the baba by that date. I don't want to go in and have the dentist ask me "Does she use a pacifier?" And I'll say, "Oh, I know it's wrong but we haven't taken it away yet" When I know we should take it away!
And now I tell Dennis my plan of this and he says, "Let's just take it away tonight and see how she does."
But he's more willing to give it back to her at the first sign of discomfort or crying. So we'll see. I'll keep y'all updated but I thought I should let you know of my failure to even try haha
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You didn't fail. Failing would be to try to take it away and give it back. You just procrastinated ;). And even if you 'fail' when the time comes, that's ok too!
ReplyDelete