Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The difference

Dennis and I share weekend mornings. He usually gets to pick which day he wants to sleep in. Then we each get to sleep in one day a week. "Sleep in" for us means maybe until 9:00am. But it's better than getting up at 7. And it's better than getting up, making medicine and milk and having to entertain a toddler.

But there is a vast difference between Dennis's morning and mine. He definitely plays with Lily more, where I actually just lay around with her and drink my coffee. (Hey, I do this 6 days a week!) I wake up feeling rested, but unfortunately guilty. I am greeted by a grumpy husband. Dennis wakes up feeling rested, and not guilty. At all. And he shouldn't - like I shouldn't, but I can't help it. Plus, grumpy husband just makes me think, is it even worth it to sleep in an extra hour if I have to deal with Mr. Grumpy Pants all day? Luckily yesterday he turned it around but still, it was there.Dennis also wakes up to breakfast and coffee most mornings on the weekend. This morning? Homemade blueberry muffins (And I threw in some chocolate chips in a few too, just because it's the weekend?)

Maybe we're still adjusting. When Lily was little I would get up with her and then go take a nap right away when Dennis got up. Or if I was up with her all night, Dennis would get up. I think it's hard for me because he doesn't understand I still get up with her every night, regardless of she is up or not. I have to wake her up at 3am still, and most likely always will, though times can and will change as needed. I just don't think he understands how hard it is to do this every single night and then get up again at 7. Or like this morning, get back up at 6 when Lily was soaked and wanted water and then she got back up at 7 with yet another diarrhea diaper (day 4 of this...by the way. We think it might be the dreaded blueberries...we're cutting them out to see. OR this new soy milk. *sigh*)

Anyway, just needed to vent. It's not a huge deal. If it's the hardest part of my day, then I'll take it. I just wish he would understand, or appreciate these things I do a little more. Maybe that's the bottom line, what I've kind of been dealing with these past few days...feeling a bit unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment