I finally had it with the diarrhea and insane bottom rash that Lily has sported on and off for at least two weeks. We've cut out blueberries. We've cut out strawberries. We've slathered on creams. We changed diapers as quickly as we could (with a baby with DI!)
Yesterday was the last straw. Two blow out diapers of foul nastiness. Then a horrible, swollen-looking, red rash all over Lily's girl bits. (Still not sure the best word to call all that? We always went with bottom when we were little but to me that points to the butt and I'm not talking about that right now? eH? Mom Blog?) Then, she wouldn't let me wipe her, like literally inching away, squirming, crying!! It was heartbreaking!!
So I called today and got us in with our beloved Dr. S.
First off. We finally got her weighed AND *Drum roll please* She weighs a WHOPPING 23lbs 15.5oz (So basically, 24lbs!) OFF formula, eating a huge lunch and a small dinner! It is absolutely amazing. She is now in the 30% which is the highest she's been in...forever maybe! She's also a crazy 32.5inches long (50%) which is what she's been on. She did just go through a crazy growth spurt - not just my imagination!
So the whole trip was worth it, regardless of just getting advice from our doctor and not a miracle cure-all cream.
No. We're told to use corn starch, try to give her nakie time (most likely outside or right after ddavp in the morning.) Then we're to try diflucan in a few days if it hasn't gone away. Oh? You remember that? All those times we both had thrush and Lily was constantly on it? Yes. She has a hard time fighting yeast. Most likely because steroids (hydrocortisone) makes it easier to get yeast. So we're to wait it out and see if it gets better since we're on day 4 of no strawberries. And to try to keep her as dry as possible with the cornstarch and neosporin on the sores she has :-( POOR BABY!! I wish I could do more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


this is delving in to TMI category for me, but I basically lived with yeast infections and a rash on my "bottom" (I have no suggestions) when I was a little girl. my parents always used vaseline...just regular vaseline. NOT medicated (they bought the wrong kind once when I was old enough to know what was going on--it was not pleasant). may give that a try too in addition to nakie time :)
ReplyDeleteHi there, I stumbled across your blog through out mutual friend Anika. I can't believe the ordeal that you have had to go through...and at such a young age! You are a true inspiration to all of us parents out there and a testament for endurance.
ReplyDeleteI read this blog, and am sure you have tried, just old school desitin. Not the new stuff that is much less creamy and stinky, but the old mucky stuff that we all grew up on. Also, in my family we called the lady parts as kids a hougi. (Like a Ouigi board, but with an h and with the ui making more of a hu sound.) We all laugh about it now, but it worked because no one knew what we were talking about.
Sorry to hear about all of the hardships life has handed you, but you seem to have a very beautiful family and a good, strong head on your shoulders. :) ~Lara