Every now and then a day comes along that just kicks my butt in gear and no matter how bad the night was before, or how tired I'm feeling, I just get it all done. The two cups of coffee might've helped! But, I'm going to brag for just a moment on how much I did today because I really feel like I didn't waste a single moment:
- Cleaned all three bathrooms from top to bottom including getting down on my hands and knees to wash the floors (much easier than mopping, in my opinion!)
- Washed the duvet cover, sheets, pillow cases and Lily's bedding (of course because there was yet another morning of throwing up)
- Made bed and crib
- Washed floor mats from kitchen and bathroom
- Cleaned Kitchen
- Made and ate lunch with Lily. We both had leftover beef stew and Lily won the clean plate award! She had a ton of potatoes, carrots, a little meat (it wasn't as tender as it usually is...bummer), some cheese, all of the banana I gave her and about 8-10 goldfish honey grahams! woo hoo!
- Vacuumed all the floors, upstairs and downstairs, very thoroughly because my allergies have been acting up lately!
- Mopped the kitchen. Yes. I actually mopped the kitchen. Who is this woman!?
- I even wiped down some of the floor boards and doors that just looked a bit dusty or dirty. Who knows where that crud comes from.
- Took a shower and painted my toes
- Read three books before nap time
And the best part of my day?
Rocking Lily Belle to sleep for nap time today. Yes, Lily let me rock her. It's funny because not long ago it was "when is this child going to learn to put herself to sleep so I don't have to spend so much of my life rocking in this glider!?!" And now it's "Today was so special because I got a rare glimpse of babyhood. Lily let me rock her to sleep!"
I do like that it's not every day but sometimes she just needs that extra little nudge to sleep. I don't mind. It was a nice peaceful moment which is great because my whole day wasn't all sunshine and roses. I did yell at LB a few times (Can't you see Mommy is cleaning the bathtub!? Stop throwing things into it!!) And I yelled my head off at Layla, who used the bathroom inside (another reason I deep cleaned the floors) AFTER I had vacuumed the heck out of the carpet. Turns out Dennis forgot to take her out so I had to go apologize after my screaming meltdown.
And the worst part of the day?
It's taken me almost 20 months but I finally did it. I was so wrapped up in cleaning and getting Lily out of the way (ie, off my newly cleaned bathroom floors) that I didn't look to see where she was and got her fingers stop in the door - the hinge side of the door!! AHHHH. I felt so bad!!! It was all swollen and already bruised. I was so worried I had broken it even though I know it wasn't hard enough to do that (I mean, I wasn't slamming the door!) Luckily it took a few precious moments with Mommy and pink bear and she was back to normal in less than 5 minutes. But my heart was in my throat! Yikes.
But after that Lily helped me clean and the day went well, thankfully.
I did save some laundry for later in the week so I'm not doing all my goodies in one day. And I still have dinner to make! Leftover risotto cakes or quesadillas? Hm. Decisions Decisions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awww, I miss Cooper letting me rock him to sleep! I'm so glad that you got that sweet moment with LB today!
ReplyDeleteAnd, holy moly the stuff you got done today! I suddenly feel really lazy!
Toot that horn lady! You rock!! :-)
ReplyDelete