Today is as good a day as any to start my first resolution: Answering the first question on the list.
I love this idea because sometimes between the poop clean up, time outs given, boo-boos kissed, dinners cooked and laundry stacked your kids (and your husband) may forget that you're not just Mom. You're a person with your own thoughts, wishes and dreams.
So, #1 is: 1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
I've done this one before but will make a new list anyways because it's fun:
1. It took almost 25 years for me to decide what my favorite color is (purple.)
2. I dream of wildly riding horses through fields of wildflowers.
3. One of my favorite ways to relax is with a favorite book and a hot bubble bath.
4. I sometimes need to yell. Like I've got this pent up energy and if I don't yell RIGHT NOW I'm going to burst (I wonder if this is like your "happy dance", LB?)
5. There is one memory I can recall perfectly and still feel the ache of - the moment they told us of your diagnosis. Even the tingle of a thought and my heart seizes up.
6. My coffee usually tastes like dessert.
7. I am amazing at directions. I can drive to a place once and get to and from there easily again.
8. I love wearing jeans and a tshirt everyday but I sometimes wish I had more occasions to dress up and act girly.
9. I wish I could have found a major in college that called to me.
10. It has taken me all of my 27 years to finally realize that lipstick isn't all that bad.
11. Every time I do Lily Belle's hair (and she cries out in fake agony) I can't help but remember my mom doing the same thing - and my own crocodile tears at having to endure such a torture device.
12. I had two very best friends growing up and my only regret is not keeping them closer to me as we transitioned to adulthood.
13. My dad banned me from saying, "I can't do it" when I was a kid.
14. He also banned me from saying "fart" I found farts hilarious, and still do!
15. I am addicted to facebook. Like, need an intervention, addicted.
16. I wish we had taped our wedding because the whole day was a blur to me - a very happy blur, but one that I barely remember!
17. I am insanely optimistic and sometimes it's infuriating.
18. I almost always discuss things with myself in the shower.
19. I hate mopping. and sweeping. and dusting. But I actually like to vacuum and accomplish the laundry pile.
20. When it comes to cooking, I am my biggest critic. I can almost always find something wrong with a dish that I make. Always improving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment