"What are five things that make you most happy right now?" - The List
The first one is easy:
1. SLEEP. It is often overrated, but once you experience the pain and torture of sleep deprived fog you will forever be grateful for sleep and getting pieces of it here and there.
2. My Family: Really, it's not just a stock answer here. The other day, when it was about 70 out - in January, we planted flowers and spread mulch and played outside together. I took a moment to breathe and look around and I realized how very, very lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. To have a husband that cares and works so hard for us and a daughter that is so happy, sweet and curious. It was one of those moments where I just needed to soak it in and realize how blessed I truly am.
3. Mommy-Daddy time: This time is rare and sacred. It happens at bedtime every night when LB goes to bed and recently she had tested that boundary. That time at the end of the day before our own bed time is such a well deserved time together and we cherish it every night - just to be able to sit and be. I look forward to it every day.
4. Chocolate. Enough said, right? I am the typical woman and chocolate just makes me happy.
5. Getting the day right. You know those days that you get everything done that you wanted to get done? Or that you make it to the gym when you haven't been in months? Or making a recipe for the first time and nailing it? Those days just make all the other crap ones worth it. And it makes me very happy :)


No comments:
Post a Comment