Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2013

Question 4

"List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could." - The list

This is a tough one. From about age 14-18 I had a really rough go of it. So...these might be a bit deep.

1. It gets better. It does! I know people tell you that all the time and there seems to be no end in sight but nothing lasts forever - especially the dark days. These dark times are a blink of an eye in my memory.

2. Don't tell anyone you hate them, especially your mom. Words like that can't be taken back, no matter how many times you say you're sorry. She is on your side, even when it doesn't seem like it.

3. Wear a seat belt. You're not cool or dangerous not wearing one; you're just stupid and reckless.

4. Go to school. The things you're doing while skipping is not worth it.

5. Try something different. Everything you're doing that is making you so miserable is not working - do something about it.

6. Talk to your friends.

7. Just say no!

8. You are far more important than you think.

9. Give yourself some credit. You're not a bad person.

10. It's all worth it, I promise.

* To be honest, teenage years are meant for messing up, finding yourself, pushing your limits, making terrible mistakes - So, I wouldn't change anything - no matter how depressing and dark those days were because they have made me who I am today. And I'm pretty happy with who I am and where I'm at in life ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment