Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Question 3

Question Three on this 30 things my kid should know about me (or for me, just a new, deeper way to blog) is...

Describe your relationship with your spouse.



This is a very open-ended questions. Do I describe how we met (online, which led to a semi-blind date at the movies watching a very scary movie) or the kind of friendship we've grown into after almost 10 years together? 

I think I'll just describe why I think we work so well together. Den and I are opposites - I'm creative, whimsical, flighty and ruled by my heart and emotions. Den is level headed, works well with numbers and always looks for a solution to a problem. I get to feel all the bad stuff and he gets to figure out how to fix it - we're like the stereotypical man and woman! 
Seriously though, he keeps me rooted to earth and I make him feel things he might not have. Together we teach each other a different way of seeing the world, of seeing a problem and solution; a different way of teaching our daughter every day. 

And we talk. We call each other throughout the day. We send texts. We still flirt! We talk about our day and we work out the worlds problems together. We don't let things fester. If you're mad about something, you better fess up or nothing will get solved. We work together, because marriage is work and it should be. We're both constantly learning and changing and growing but we're doing it together and that makes it all the more fun. 

What more can I say? He's my best friend, my shoulder, the other voice in my head when I'm figuring things out. We laugh and we love and we share our dreams together. We make a pretty damn good team. 






No comments:

Post a Comment