Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 4, 2013

So far, so good!


The theme of 2013 right now is: "So far, so good!" Things have been (knock on wood) steadily improving in all corners of our lives lately. Here's our new running list of good:

- Preschool has been a wonderful transition for both LB and myself. I get a few hours to myself to run errands, clean, or just be. (I haven't tried the "not doing anything" bit yet but I will!) LB loves school and seems to already thrive in it. She came home and said "Today is Thursday and it's January!" I was stunned.

- We signed up for transportation for LB. This is a big step for Dennis and I. We were taken off guard when they said we were eligible for transportation for her at the IEP meeting. We thought about it. We debated. and we decided to wait. But after only two days of driving her to and from school, I'm done! It's a 30 minute drive which means I am in the car a total of 2 hours a day, just for school. Think of how much I can get done! Think of how much gas I'd be saving!?

- Also, Michaels is willing to let me work while she's in preschool after I get transportation set up. I can work from 9-1 and have that out of the way. You know what that means? I get to be at home for dinners again! My hours have dropped off [a lot] but that seems to be what Den and I needed. Things were getting a bit strained and unhappy around here with me working so much over the holidays so it's been nice having days off and only working 2-3 days a week. I'm happy to have a job that works with my schedule!

- LB has done wonderful in her big girl room. She talks about it constantly and even asks for a nap "in my big girl bed." She sleeps great in her big bed! I can't believe it! *Knock on wood...again* We still have to lay with her for a minute but when I put her to bed I stay with her for about 5-10 minutes and then leave. She's woken up twice, cried for a minute and then put herself to sleep - that's a HUGE step.

- Dairy - yep, we've reintroduced dairy into LB's diet again. We started with a bit of cheese in casseroles or eggs, then branched out to sour cream (that's an iffy one, still) and then gave her cheese on a sandwich and finally we did the big one: homemade mac n' cheese - you know, the one with lots of regular milk (because soy milk is NOT good in mac n cheese) and lots and lots of cheddar cheese. We crossed our fingers and waited for her to wake up screaming - and to our pleasant surprise she was fine. *whew* Den wants to give her a big glass of milk next - me, not so much, I think our next trial will be yogurt.

I think that's enough for now. It's almost nap time and then I have to work tonight - I haven't had to all week so it'll be a bit different going back! Hope everyone else is having a great start to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment