The positive side that Dennis and I are trying to look at is that if this is truly DI then we will no longer have it hanging over our heads, wondering if her final speck of pituitary gland fails, worrying about her water intake and if her diapers are too wet, too often and if this temper tantrum is a sign of irritability - all signs of high sodium.
The bad side is the medication is very tricky in infants. (And of course, it's yet another medication to be on.) We would most likely have to be admitted to the hospital. If we tried to do it as an outpatient we would have to go and get her sodium checked everyday. Which means a blood test every single day. And also, there is a high risk that the medicine might drop her sodium too much causing seizures. Yup. Seizures. Again. So, I'd almost rather be admitted and put it in someone else's hands. I can just see Dennis and I running shifts watching her sleep if we were to try and do outpatient.
But again, I need to just take a step back and wait and see what Monday's results are. I am supposed to write down how much water, juice and formula she takes in this weekend and how many/how heavy her wet diapers are. We also have the feeding specialist Monday afternoon which I've been looking forward to but I feel so distracted by this worry that I can't even think about the food worries.
Prayers, please? And what to pray for? I don't know. To have DI and get it taken care of as painlessly and stress free as possible or to not have it and to look for it on another day? I'd almost rather it be it and then we can catch it now, early on before it causes any problems. Maybe just pray that things work out as best as possible.


praying for you guys!
ReplyDelete