Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

From jars, to bites, to nibbles

Lily is now straight up refusing to eat at meal times. I always offer her baby food and table food. She sometimes takes one mouthful and then pushes the spoon away and turns her head. I usually walk away and try again or try to make it fun for her but nothing is working anymore. I went from counting jars a day to a jar, to bites, and now to nibbles of food. She is living purely off of the soy formula. But, she's gaining a ton of weight! She finally has bigger cheeks, some extra fat on her skinny little thighs and arms and a cute pot belly :-) She still has a long way to go but it's so nice to see her looking a bit healthy at least and not withering away like she was. Because really, she was. It always makes me wonder if she really does have a lactose intolerance or allergy because on the milk she was obviously not gaining but even when she was drinking the lactaid she wasn't gaining either!
I'm waiting to hear from the feeding team at UNC about when we'll go back again. I think it's every 2 weeks and hopefully they'll be able to see us at the clinic here in Raleigh instead of a 30-45min drive to Chapel Hill. But, I told them that I would gladly drive to Chapel Hill every two weeks to get some help. Feeding her overtakes my life. Well...it did. Now, I kind of give up a little more easily and don't stress about it so much because of the soy. I don't want her to have a negative look at eating and food either.
We started her on the prevacid and there's been no change. Though, it hasn't been very long. I just don't think it's reflux. She is honestly just uninterested in eating. She will take table food and "nibble" on it but will then push anything out with her tongue. It is SO frustrating.

In positive news though, Lily is so SILLY! She loves laughing and is just a goof lately. She is still really into imitating and loves to try and copy words. She just said "Banana" very clearly yesterday and again this morning. We're working on Bye Bye (she just heard her toy say it and said "dye dye" after it!) She is SO smart. We ask her to get her elmo or mickey or frog toy and she crawls over to it and gets it. She understands words so well and is very eager to learn more everyday. I have no worried about her mental development which is a big load off my shoulders, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment