Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Doctors

Just a quick update to let you know about Lily's recent doctors appointment from today. We had to go back to get her weight checked and her 12 months vaccines since she had an ear infection and GI issues on her actual 12 month appointment.
I am SO happy to announce that she has FINALLY passed 15 pounds and now weighs 16lbs 2.5oz!! Woohooooo *happy dance**happy dance* We decided to stay on the soy formula until we get her eating better and more consistently. We meet with UNC on the 10th and I am literally counting down the days (seriously, I am.)
The only bad news we got today was that her sodium, which is normally at 140, was up again at 150 (as it was two weeks ago.) So even with upping more water and giving it to her any time her mouth looked dry, it was still the same. I am going to call endo tomorrow and see what they want us to do about it. Maybe tweak medications or just up her water more, though I feel like I'm constantly giving her something to drink. It can be tiring trying to keep up with it all. I don't measure anymore either so I tried to figure it all out today and figure that I give about 18-20oz of water/watered down juice and 20-32oz of formula a day. And most days she eats anywhere from 1-3 jars of stage 2 foods. Though today she has refused to eat anything...but breakfast she never wants to eat and she had shots before lunch so I didn't want to push it! (3 vaccines and blood taken...poor baby.)
We're going to try for some dinner now - Keep your fingers crossed.

And if you want to, throw up some good thoughts/prayers/crossed fingers that she's not developing DI. We could use some good vibes.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely pray for Lily!

    You're always using these abbreviations...what is DI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sorry Jen!! DI: Diabetes Insipidus It's another pituitary hormone that could give out at anytime. It controls her water/sodium balance. If it goes out she won't be able to "hold onto" water and her sodium will rise. She had high sodium when she was first diagnosed and we've been able to keep it under control by giving her extra water throughout the day. We just have to check her sodium every couple of weeks to make sure it's not rising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she's put on some pounds! Go LB go!!

    Hoping for no more diagnoses

    ReplyDelete