Yesterday we got Lily's sodium results back and they were a shocking 155. The highest it's EVER been. 155 is at the brink of being critical. She had no other symptoms but a really dry mouth which I thought was from a cold she had been getting over. Her diapers and water intake were normal, or so I thought. We decided to start the DDAVP at its lowest dose. Then we went in first thing in the morning, drew another sodium, gave another dose (it's to be given every 12 hours) and then we went back 2.5 hours later and got another recheck. Poor baby's arms are so bruised and punctured up! It breaks my heart!!!
The first morning sodium came back 149. Then after the medication it came back at 142! The doctors were happy with those results because we don't want to drop her sodium too low too fast. We're going to stay on this low dose every 12 hours and then recheck it again early next week and make sure the sodium results are stable.
I have noticed her diapers not being as wet. She's not begging for water. I gave her formula and she had a couple sips and then put it down and went and played. That was a little worrying since she's not eating and formula is her only way to get calories. But, we did what we normally do at dinner and all sat down at the table (hello, resolution!) and fed Lily, more out of routine - we at least try. And what did that little booger do? She ate 2 jars. Geez. Dennis and I just stared at each other and started laughing. We're trying not to get our hopes up, of course, but maybe this was the missing puzzle piece like I had hoped? It will take some time to see but I really hope it works on more than just her sodium level.
In the first time in a long time I feel Lighter. Happier. Hopeful.


I'm glad that the medicine is working! How exciting that she ate 2 jars at dinner! I'll be praying that you guys have more meals like this :)
ReplyDelete