Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Insurance Rant

I am so angry with health insurance lately. And maybe it's not fair...maybe I should be mad at health insurance and the hospitals and doctors and the whole damned system. But right now it seems easier to be mad at the insurance company because it's the only thing that's changed this year and I never had to jump through hoops with our previous company.

I feel like pulling my hair out! We're dangerously low on Lily's growth hormone shot. I have maybe two shots left. Dennis called two weeks ago to get it preapproved. I called yesterday to order it and get it today but now they are saying the need all this extra information from doctors and pharmacists and  I feel like everyone has done their part except for the damned insurance company. And now we're worried we won't get her growth hormone in time and god forbid...her blood sugar will crash is the scariest thing in my mind. ARGH.

THEN. I am trying to schedule Lily's 2nd therapy with the UNC feeding team. I am anxious because now she is eating!! So, it's a perfect time to get her over her sensory issues and get her on table food. Now, this is more UNC's fault than the insurance company but still, we changed companies and I guess UNC didn't update their information even though I brought our new card in last time we went. So now we have to fax our card in and get preapproved for this too. Which I'm a little worried about since they DENIED us to see a dietitian even though LB is diagnosed with Failure to thrive. They said she could only see a dietitian if she had diabetes.

I just want to throw my hands. I feel like the doctors are all on our side but we're having to battle the big bad insurance companies and healthcare system just to get her healthy. UGH.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry! Ugh, it is so irritating to have all these roadblocks when all you want to do is give your child the best care possible! Huge ((hugs)) and prayers that all of this will be resolved ASAP!

    ReplyDelete