![]() |
| best image ever! |
We don't want to push things too fast but we do also want to take advantage of the fact that she's acting hungry, pointing to her food and whining when we put it down, leaning towards the spoon, moving foods around her mouth. I want to see what she's capable of now that she wants to eat.
Can you imagine? This whole time we thought she wasn't interested in eating but it was really that she was more interested in drinking and who would want to eat when you have an insanely high urge to drink all the time? And who wants to eat when their mouth is incredibly dry? I wouldn't.
I am so amazed and so happy that things have taken a turn for the better. We really needed a break. We really needed a little bit of happy news. We really needed some hope. I can see other parts of our lives getting easier and more bearable because this big load has been taken off our shoulders.
I'm also trying to take everything with a big grain of salt. I hate feeling pessimistic/realistic/practical but part of my heart and brain just says, things could go wrong - thing will probably go wrong. Things can't be this easy. Have they ever been this easy?
But the happy side of me says, shove it. I can soak this all up because it's what I've got now. Today I have a daughter that is healthy and happy and she wants to eat instead of drink and I think I'll take that. I think I can mark that in the win column and try my hardest to live in the present.
Do I sound crazy or does everyone battle their emotions like this? haha



No comments:
Post a Comment