We got the results back from the hida scan. First off, the people at the hospital were SUPER nice! I was so thankful for them. I was a wreck when they first started because they had to inject her with some dye and of course that means a needle prick. She was very unhappy especially because she had to be held down. Then they had to strap her down on the table so she wouldn't move during the scan. She was held down with sheets so nothing uncomfortable but she wanted to move. And once, while she was crying, she looked up at me with the most hurtful look on her face like, " Mom, why are you letting them do this to me!? " I LOST IT. I just started crying, trying my hardest not to. Thankfully all of the women in there are mommies and just passed me a tissue and didn't let me feel embarrassed about it. She finally fell asleep while they were doing the scan. I sat beside her the whole time. They did like 6 scans, 15 minutes apart. Then we were able to go home and no more nasty medicine to take at night!
And the results were...NORMAL. So another thing off the list. Our Dr was relieved because she said if it would've been what she thought, the only way to fix it would've been with surgery. But it's kind of bitter sweet...we're happy that it wasn't a blocked bile duct, but we're frustrated that we still do not have an answer.
So now we have an appointment next Friday with a GI specialist at another hospital (We now have been to 3/4 of the main hospital here in Raleigh...) Supposedly this specialist also specializes with liver cases. They will probably refer us to a nutritionist as well. And they might want to do a liver biopsy on top of everything else...which is super scary. Dennis and I both believe that we should have her liver enzymes retested before we resort to the biopsy. I'm a little bit nervous to see this specialist. I just really don't know what we're supposed to look forward to anymore.
And Dennis put it really well, We just don't know what to hope for anymore!? It's like, we want an answer, but now it seems that any answer we get could be very, very serious. And do we even want an answer now? Because maybe it could just be that she will grow out of it and be fine. Hopefully this specialist can answer some of these questions and put things in perspective a little bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment