Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dish of the Week

One of my fellow December Mommy's+Blog friend (http://mommyroy.blogspot.com/) came up with a great idea to try a new recipe once a week. I think I made a new years resolution to do this last year and didn't last very long...but I'm going to try to do so again. I think it will make it more fun to share photos/ideas on here and maybe that will keep me going? We'll see.

So for my first recipe, I made up a Mexican Lasagna! My husband REALLY liked it and brought leftovers for lunch everyday this week. Instead of noodles I used soft tortillas which was really tasty! There are some things I would change about it and since Dennis liked it such much I will be able to make it again and try to perfect it. Next time I think I will leave the rice out (middle layer) and have that as a side. I will try to make my own spice mixture instead of using a taco packet. And maybe I'll do a layer or refried beans or something for more fiber. Overall it was very successful!


In other news, Lillian has now started a weird kind of screeching scream/cry which she then figured out she liked and turned it into a very fun squeaking, screeching kind of laugh. So she is now experimenting more with her voice which is SO much fun! She's also trying it out and practicing it in the middle of the night...which is not so much fun but I can't help but smile when she does it. And she's ticklish!!! It's been a fun couple of days. And I know I say it all the time, but it's amazing how much babies change day by day. And it's exciting what she will do the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment