Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day from hell

I'm exhausted so I'm not going into detail. In fact, I'm just going to touch on what's wrong.

1. Lillian got sick last night and threw up in her crib without me knowing about it. So when I went to check on her at 2am she was covered in throw up, wet, cold and SLEEPING! She then came to bed with me where she threw up a couple more times. She was better throughout the day but had two diarrhea diapers. She's sleeping with us tonight again just in case but seems to be better.

2. Thyroid levels are good - but bilirubin levels are still at a level 5.9! ARGH WTH!?! So now it's back to running test after test after test which means more bills, bills, bills. Dennis and I just want answers. It's frustrating because she is so happy and smiley and is developing super well and the only time we see something bad is from the blood tests!

3. We went to get blood taken today and they had to get it from her arms (no more heel pricks I guess.) And they barely got enough for all the tests AND had to prick BOTH her arms. I had to hold her down while she was screaming. I finally just let loose after the second needle in her arm and cried along with her - sometimes that's all mommy's can do.

4. We're most likely going to have to go to a GI specialist. Another specialist to the list...another $50 co-pay. I can't help but think of all the price tags on everything even though they don't matter in the long run. Only Lillian's health and well being matter.

5. I'm scared. I'm scared all these tests are going to put us further and further into debt. The doctor knows we are tight on money but it seems the only way to find out what's wrong is process of elimination. Now on top of the blood tests we have to get yet another ultrasound and a hidascan (scan on her bile ducts in her liver.)
I know we will do whatever it takes, WHATEVER it takes - however much it is, even if we're in debt for the rest of our lives, to get this all resolved and behind us...and maybe that's what scares me.

More to come tomorrow. The Dr. moved up our check up from Friday to tomorrow morning. Luckily Dennis is coming with me. We're also probably going to get the ultrasound tomorrow if things work out well. Probably going to delay getting her 4 month vaccines this week since there is so much going on and she's already had so many needles this week and the doctor is okay with that.

Hopefully we will still be able to get away this weekend...We need it more than ever now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor baby! I'm so sorry. It's just not fair for these little ones. Check with your hospital and see if they have any financial assistance program you can get on. I talked to ours because we can't afford to pay our balance for the delivery and they sent us paperwork for their community outreach program that will cover the bills if we are approved. Good luck and I hope you get answers soon!

    ReplyDelete