Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Random Update

It's been awhile since I've updated and I've been trying to update everyday or at least every other day. So I'm slacking. And right now I'm tired and Lillian has been sleeping for at least 2.5 hours so I should be well on my way to sleep. I definitely could sleep since I just boohooed my way through The Time Traveler's wife. I read the book years ago and have just finally gotten around to seeing the movie. The first thing I said when it was over (besides sniffling, wiping my tears and blowing my nose?) Thank God I did not see that when I was pregnant!!
So now that I need to go to sleep pretty soon since I'm running on these heartbreaking, hazy, post cry fumes I'll just write down a few random tidbits:
- MIL came to visit her SIL this weekend and stopped by to see us and Lily. It was good to see her and we spent Sunday at the flea market with them. It was a beautiful day and so nice to get out with family. I also successfully breastfed out in public without hiding, using a cover or a blanket. It was very freeing and just seemed...right.
- MY SIL, her husband and their 2.5 year old daughter are moving back up here from Louisiana. I should write more on that later...or should I? I doubt she would read this but maybe I should be careful about what I put out there? Let me just say...it's a mixed kind of feeling. A HUGE part of me is super happy and relieved to have them coming back home (or at least 2 hours from home, back into her moms house) and part of me just wants to roll my eyes and shrug.
- I spent $30 at a Carters store today and all my husband really says is, "Watch what you spend your money on. That was a 'unexpected, impulse buy' today" I just gaped and said back, I could've spent WAAAY more than $30" and in fact, my mother bought Lillian a bunch of stuff too. I felt guilty and I shouldn't.
- I made Lillian laugh today!!!! Yep! I did! No big belly laugh, but a laugh in response to a tickle on her thighs. I was playing around when we got home from shopping and just grabbed under her legs and made some funny noise and she laughed! So I did it again and she laughed again!!! I YELPED so loud my mom and husband came running! I was SO excited! Dennis said he wasn't sure what was cuter, Lily laughing or how excited I was! She's also been smiling more AT me.
- We have Lily's 4 month check up next Friday and her check up with her endocrinologist on Monday. Dennis keep saying how "little" Lily is and how we need to "fatten her up" like she's not healthy or something. I mean, Dennis and I are both 5'5", on the thiner side and myself and my sisters were all petite when we were little. Lillian is a happy, well developing 4 month old that is just on the leaner side. She's definitely grown taller, that's for sure. It just makes me so mad that he has to defend her to other people, "oh yeah, we just need to fatten her up some" ugh, SHE'S FINE! She eats when she wants to eat, which is almost every 2 hours and she sleeps almost through the night (waking up at least once.) She can roll both ways, lift up on her arms, pass a toy from one hand to another, focus on people, smile, laugh, say "ah goo" and she naps well. What more could you ask for? Maybe I'm just more laid back and try not to bother trouble? Whatever it is, he needs to chill out and stop stressing and worrying so much over our daughter and start enjoying her more. Ugh, not that he's not enjoying her, but really...do we need to nitpick every little thing?

Okay, this turned out longer than I expected but it was like a flood gate opened up! And there was something else I wanted to add but now I've forgotten it - no surprise there!
Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment