So that started off my day pretty bad. And then Lily wouldn't nap which wasn't so bad because at least she was in a good mood. She had a 30 minute nap and she's finally napping longer now. Then we had some problems with the bank and without going into that, we're more than broke this month even if we do get this worked out. But we've been here before and we've made it through...
Anyway, How did my day turn around? These are so important I should list them:
1. My sister, Stacey, (aka one of my BEST friends) is finally moving back home. She got a job transfer to move back here NEXT MONTH! I'm so freakin' happy!! She will be here to watch Lily grow up and that just means so much to me. I miss her all the time.
2. My mom has been looking around to book a week at the beach that we had banked 2 years ago that was about to expire. Anyway, we got lucky with one in Cherry Grove (N Myrtle Beach in SC) so we booked it! It's next weekend which is also me and Den's 2 year wedding anniversary :) So we're taking Lily down for Saturday-Tuesday and the mom is coming down to take the later half of the week. So we get to get out of town, be out of the house, take Lily on our first family trip to the beach and celebrate our anniversary :) So I'm super excited! We won't have a lot of money to spend down there but we will only need to spend on gas and some food (like seafood.) There's a kitchenette there so we can make breakfast and lunches and go out for dinner. Plus we have our credit card and savings if need be - I mean, that's what we're there for!
3. Dennis told me what he got me for our anniversary. He bought me a spa package that was scheduled for Monday (our anniversary.) He had taken the day off of work so he could stay home and watch Lillian while I went and got a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage! He said I needed a day of pampering :) But now that we're going on vacation that weekend he called and pushed it back a week which worked out great. He spent a lot of money on it which makes me feel a bit guilty but he says he did it so it all worked out just fine and I shouldn't worry. Though I'm kinda upset that he might be squishing my anniversary present and mother's day present into one, and that certainly makes me feel very selfish but really, it's my FIRST mother's day so I kind of want to celebrate it on it's own with something to remember and commemorate it. I'm a sappy kind of sort though ;)
Those three things turned my day right around...oh and the fact that Lily is finally taking a nap and it's longer than 30 minutes! Now, about the beach again, I hope we'll still have a good time even though we won't be able to lay on the beach all that much with a baby. That's something I'll have to talk with my doctor about. We do have her a swim suit though that we bought the other day at carters! I can't wait to break out the camera and the video camera and take tons of pictures! I'm excited to get out of town and just be in a different environment with just my baby and my husband.
So I have a busy weekend, busy next week and then it's vacation time!!


Yay for your anniversary vacation!!! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete