It sucks now because I know there is a reason for her being small...it's not just that Dennis and I are smaller people, or that my family all had small girls in their family. Nope. She's sick. So stop effing throwing it in my face every time I turn around!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Quick Vent
I just need a quick little vent. If one more person says my baby looks tiny I will scream and probably attack them. Are you an expert!?! Yesterday a stranger had the nerve to ask if she was a premie when I said she was 4 months old. And another stranger asked if she was 1 month old.
Labels:
weight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know it's hard having to deal with people and their comments but I have learned that most people are just naive and don't mean anything by their curiousity. I've been all over the spectrum with people's ignorance...I lost a baby at 23 weeks and how many times did I hear "was there something wrong with Lily?" People are curious and you get to a point where you welcome people's curiousity because it shows at some level that people somewhat care...
ReplyDeleteOur fear/anger at our situations can manifest themselves in so many ways...take these questions as a way to educate people about being more sensitive...I taught so many people in my circle about stillbirths and how they affect families in ways that they were ignorant to before. I do have a preemie and I've taken every opportunity to educate people about the life of a preemie...
I hope today is a more peaceful day for you and again, your sweet girl is in my prayers!