Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If money grew on trees.

I've been kind of down and out about money lately. It seems like it's always looming over my head. And I know it's always worrying my husband. I hate talking about it because it gets me so depressed and stressed out. He keeps talking about making a budget and sometimes I just wanted to say, SO DO IT ALREADY. Ugh.
So Anyway, I was laying in bed last night thinking of all the things I would want to buy if I didn't have to worry about money, or better yet - the guilt of buying. So here are my lists, split into two categories, things we need and things that I would like to buy but don't necessarily need. Most of the things are for Lillian but a few are for ourselves. And of course, the lists could go on and on and on so I'll try to limit myself with realistic things.

NEED:
Exersaucer for Lillian
Sneakers for me
Highchair (Though Dennis wants to use the one my dad has. I don't because it's the kind of highchair that you use in the restaurant. I want a cool one. I want a new one. I want Lillian to have a cool, new highchair for herself.)
A bookcase for the nursery
A new swimsuit for me

WANT:
Our own house. *sigh*
Sophie the Giraffe (This might be a NEED soon if teething rears it's head!)
Clothes. I feel like nothing fits right anymore.
A Video monitor so I don't have to get up and check on her in her crib with every noise she makes!
Clothes for Lillian - I have more fun and less guilt buying for her than I do myself. And she's so much more fun to dress!
A jumper/swing type thing for Lillian
A new car for Dennis (our next big purchase hopefully)
Mederma stretch mark cream. That stuff is $40!!! Ugh.

And most important? The ability to pick up random things when I go out and not feel guilty or have to tell my husband, I spent so and so at the store and have him look at me like, what well the hell did you get and did you really need to get all that?
I guess this is one of the prices I pay for being a stay at home mom. And the benefits and rewards FAR outweigh this negative aspects of it but damn...sometimes I just want a little break and not have this over our heads all the time. Whoever said Money can't buy happiness was obviously not living paycheck to paycheck.


1 comment:

  1. I can sooo relate to this! It absolutely stinks having to decide needs vs wants, because I want everything to be a need! I am glad to be able to stay home with Jack (and be home when my daughter comes home from school too), but it's really hard to live on one (meager) income!

    ReplyDelete