It took everything I had not to say "Thank you" to my husband this morning. He got up with Lillian at 7:40 this morning, after I had fed her, so I could go back to sleep...after I asked him to get up with her. I got up at 6:45 the previous morning and let him sleep in and did I get a simple thank you? No. So I paid him in kind...even though it made me feel bad. But really, why should I thank him? She's his daughter too. And it's the weekend, so if he think it's my "job" to get up super early with her then hell - I'm "off work" because it's the weekend. I think the weekend means 50/50 with parenting. During the week I NEVER ask him to help me in the middle of the night unless it's an emergency or I'm at my wit's end. I will say that I now try to take full advantage of him during the weekend and I should not feel sorry for it.
/vent.
Lily and I are supposed to go on a walk with Laura today though it might be too hot. I hope not because I need some girl time. And walking is making me feel really good!! I think we'll try it at the lake where it's more shaded and see if we can tolerate it (or better, if Lily can.)
And now I'll end my little post with a cute picture I snapped of Dennis and Lily. Lily had been playing, hence the many toys around her, and just got tuckered out. Dennis was laying there talking to her and closed his eyes for a few minutes. It's a really sweet picture :)


No comments:
Post a Comment