Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hospital

This will be quick because it's currently 4:42am and I've now been up for over 24 hours.

We are in the hospital. Lillian had a seizure yesterday morning at 4:30am. I found her in her crib after she failed to wake me up to eat in the middle of the night. She was moving her head back and forth but was unresponsive. We rushed her to our ER, then they transfered us to another hospital and we spent all day there getting tests done. Had an EEG and lots of blood work. Not sure right now what's going on but hoping to get some answers soon. We are monitoring her blood sugar levels because they think that might've caused the seizure. We are not at yet another hospital but this one is the BEST and she can be looked at by a whole bunch of specialist. Trying not to think about costs right now...hoping to be put in touch with a social worker or someone that can help with everything.

Good news is, no more seizures so far *knock on wood* and Lillian is currently playing with her toys very happily beside me in her crib. She's also making all kinds of noises which is very good. I hope she'll take a nap before the doctors come to look at her, because that could me I could nap too...hopefully.

All I know is this has been the scariest day of my life. And I will NEVER get the look of her seizing out of my mind...ever.

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby :( and Poor mommy, as I can't imagine how scary that was for you!

    Hoping you get some answers and that she never has another seizure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that you get answers, and soon!!! POOR POOR Lillian.... I can't imagine ... poor Mommy too.... hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete