Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Well, That was fast!

I think my prayers have already started to be answered. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself last night. I was having another mini breakdown and feeling pretty low. Lillian kept waking up crying early last night after we put her to bed. We're not sure if her tummy hurts (tried some mylicon just in case) or she's overtired because she hasn't been on a normal nap schedule anymore, or if she's just feeling insecure from the hospital chaos. We're trying to be patient with it all.
Thankfully after that start she settled down and slept a lot better. I've been trying to go back to trusting my motherly instincts instead of times on a paper and just feeding her when she wants to be fed again. I've also stopped writing down how long she's nursed for and just let her nurse as long or as little as she wants. Dennis had to get me up a few times last night because I was sleeping waaay too deeply and slept through at least one alarm that I know of. But overall, last night wasn't too bad and I feel a lot more rested today.
And I'm starting to feel a little more normal. Not so gloomy, which is a welcome change. I don't handle being mad or upset for too long. It's ironic because it's so cloudy and rainy out today!
I've even had enough energy to get my laundry done which oddly enough makes me feel SO good because I always kept up with it even when Lillian was just home from the hospital as a newborn. I'm getting there slowly but surely.
And another good thing today? Lily took a nap longer than 30 minutes! It was maybe 45min-1hr long. I've realized that she's not taking to her crib or pack n play much for naps anymore. She just wakes up crying :( So I got down on her play mat and nursed her lying down, because I just can't find a better way to get her down for a nap anymore, anyway, so we nursed lying down and she was OUT in a few minutes and she just napped on the floor for a bit.
Of course, as I'm writing this she woke up and is crying non stop again. So this will be short and I hope I didn't jinx anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment