Two nights ago we kept Lillian up and did not let her have her 5pm nap. She did great with it. She played all the way up until 6:45 where I then took her upstairs to get ready for bed. We did our bedtime routine and nursed until 7:30. The only problem was I had to keep waking her up to eat more. But after that she went down and slept until 5am! I was so happy! So we got up and nursed and then she wanted to play -ugh. So I stayed with her a little bit and then left her in her crib to play/kick on her own. I checked on her at 30 minute intervals and she was fine and just playing. I ended up falling asleep before she did. I heard Dennis get up at 7:30 and I went and checked on her, she was fast asleep. So I went back to sleep until 9 and she got up around 9:30 I think. Ideal night right there.
And again, I have NO problem getting up in the middle of the night once or even twice to feed her. My boobs like it. I don't mind it. She's a growing little girl and needs to eat. I do not like how she thinks this equals play time though. So back to the story:
Last night we let her have a 30minute nap at 5pm because she had a short nap earlier (not her usual 2 hour one) So we gave her a bath around 7pm. She was hurting, trying to fall asleep on everyone's shoulder. But we got her down around 7:30 again and she was done for the count. I was thinking we were on to something here. Well...I was wrong. She woke up at 2am, again, fine, though a little early. So I got up and fed her. Then I rocked her and thought she was going back to sleep but then she let out a huge burp and was wide awake again. *sigh* So I put her down in her crib to get her energy out. I went back to my room to lay down. Then I hear her doing some crazy talking and I go in and she had rolled onto her belly and was squished up against the bumpers. ARGH. So I fixed her, gave her a paci and sat with her a minute. Fast Forward a couple of hours and I finally pick her back up at 3:45 and feed her again hoping to nurse her to sleep. Which worked. So she was awake from 2-4am. THEN, she got up at 6, crying pretty loud. So I picked her up and burped her which worked, went back to sleep, and then was up AGAIN 15 minutes later. So I went in and got her and brought her into bed with me. She only slept until 9.
I was so exhausted. I couldn't believe the whole night. But I nursed her at 9 and she fell right back asleep...so I did too! And we slept from about 10-12. And my one goal was to get out of the house so I couldn't just slack all day. So, We went and met a friend at the lake around 3. She still hadn't napped. She nodded off a little bit as we walked around the lake. And when I left around 4:30 she was crying every time I stopped the car at a red light but then napped once we were on the road. And she didn't nap at all the entire rest of the day. I tried to get her to lay down when we got home, after taking her medicine, and she wouldn't take to it. But around 6:15 she started getting fussy and rubbing her eyes. So I figured we'd go ahead and get ready for bed. She went crazy and screamed and cried as hard as ever while I changed her into her jammies. She was so tired and over stimulated from not napping, it broke my heart :( So we nursed and she went down without waking up at 6:45.
I don't want to skip naps, it was not my intention and I hate that she was so upset before going to sleep (though she was clam while nursing) but I can only hope that she sleeps better tonight. I know she went to bed pretty early. I usually try to time it so she goes into her crib at 7:30 but oh well. I hope that getting out of the house helped at least.
And I've slacked enough with this whole getting out of the house. I'm going back to making plans to get out. I spent almost a whole week in my pjs, not going anywhere. I was really good at getting Lily and I out of the house before, even just to walk around target, or sit at the library. So I'm going to try and be good about that again.
Tomorrow I plan on going to the mall and just walking around, looking at spring clothes and maybe buying some things for Lillian. Speaking of buying thinks for Lillian - I just bought a Belle Carrier today (http://www.bellebabycarriers.com/) in Lilac! I cannot wait for it to get here! I can finally take her to the grocery store with me and it will be nice to wear her when we go to the beach and other places that aren't ideal for strollers.
Anyway, this entry is getting long and I'm pretty beat. I plan on taking a long hot bath with a big, cold glass of white wine! I really, really hope that she sleeps like she did the other night and we can have a normal day tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment