Anyway, she only has eyes for me during this nursing session where usually she's looking other places. She has the sleepy eyes and sometimes she'll smile while still eating like she's kinda daydreaming, or just really content :) I get to just look her over, hold her hand, play with her hair and snuggle her close. I love it and it winds me down as well and makes me just as content.
Now I know why people get upset when their children self wean when their not ready to stop nursing yet. It really is a special bond. I knew it the first time my body produced milk that this would be a different kind of bond because I was providing for my daughter in a way no one else can. But it's time like tonight where I'm just rocking in my glider with the lights down low, soft music playing, staring at this wonderful little girl snuggled in my arms nursing and smiling around me that I am so thankful that I can do this for her.


No comments:
Post a Comment